commons-dev mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [lang] Optimizing Entities and LGPL question
Date Sun, 25 May 2003 15:27:06 GMT
Alex Chaffee / Purple Technology wrote:
> I found an IntHashMap.
> The code that I found is from j3d, and it's under an LGPL license.  I
> don't suppose that's compatible with the ASF one?

Opinions vary. Unless it is tested in court, nobody really knows.
The board decided to play safe and declared incompatiblity.

> Even if we ask the original author to donate it, can he legally waive
> the LGPL now that it's out there?

The original author (better: the copyright holder) can do everything
he/she wants, including rereleasing it under another license or dual
licensing. It may pay off to ask.

J.Pietschmann