commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: [math] (mavenized) web site is up
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 14:47:18 GMT
Juozas Baliuka wrote:

> I think it will be better to nominate Mark as commiter, if he wants to
> develop this stuff, It seems he is active in jelly too.
> Let commit this stuff himself.

Thank you for the recommendation, if I were a commiter though, I'd want
to make sure I was producing changes that were consistent with the
project plans, I'd find it difficult to commit something without getting
full agreement from the primary developers themselves.

For instance, the last few patches I submitted to math were not applied
because there were significantly different strategies than Tim was
taking in the package architecture, so while there were some parts of
the patches used, the overall patch was rejected. I'd think if I was a
commiter, I'd still need to discuss alot of changes I might add before
doing such, and still need to gain some sort of agreement before doing
such a change.

-Mark