commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Leland <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/validator build.xml
Date Sun, 18 May 2003 23:03:09 GMT
David Graham wrote:

> Rob,
> It is my understanding that commons-validator is to remain domain
> neutral.  Adding javascript validations ties commons-validator to a
> web environment.  Why are you adding javascript from Struts here?

Commons Validator is already javascript aware !
The o.a.c.v.ValidatorAction already had setJavascript() which holds the
entire js function
as a string.
This merely adds defaults for these Js validations, which can still be
It does not requrie a user of the framework to use JS validations, nor does
it require a javascript definition to exist.

> David

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message