commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons-sandbox/math/src/test/org/apache/commons/math FixedDoubleArrayTest.java ContractableDoubleArrayTest.java DoubleArrayAbstractTest.java ExpandableDoubleArrayTest.java
Date Sun, 18 May 2003 00:39:20 GMT
Thanks.  This is a simple implementation enabling rolling stats without
unbounded storage.

We do need to add test cases to UnivariateImpl test to test the
"rolling" stuff, however.  It looks to me like n, min, max are not going
to be maintained properly in the limited window case.

* n keeps getting incremented in the limited window size case, but it
   should not be, if it is going to be used in the statistical
   computations. Probably should fix n when the window is full.

* need to handle the case where the "discarded" value is the (single
   instance of) the min or max. After discard, need to change to min or
   max of "in window" values.

One more question, if setWindowSize(int windowSize) is going to throw a
runtime exception, why expose it?  Because we are planning to enable
this, I assume?  Probably should add TODO.

We also need to carefully document the contract of Univariate when
windowSize is limited.

Phil