commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: [math] mavenization?
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 12:20:19 GMT

Henri Yandell wrote:
>>organized, it can be hard to work out that a component is part of the
>>commons and it's even harder to find the common information pertaining to
>>all projects. non-mavenized components use the jakarta-commons layout and
>>are much better linked into the whole.
>>
>>i wonder whether it might be possible to provide a common (and centrally
>>maintained) section for the maven generated sidebar which contained links
>>back into information held on the main commons site.
>

> It would be cool, being able to inherit a section into the top of the
> navigation.xml.
>
> I think we need to drop the list of sibling components from the left hand
> bar in Commons projects. It is getting too large anyway and would mean
> redeploying the Commons site with each maven site generation, so a bit
> heavy on a machine/bandwidth.
>
> Hen

Here's an example of using Maven to generate a "home" section and a list
of projects on the sidebar. Feel free to canabalize the script.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/repast-jellytag/repast-jelly-taglibrary/maven.xml?rev=1.11&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

I used this instead of the avalon templating strategy on dbsite. It uses
Jelly to generate a navigation.xml for central site, it then uses that
navigation.xml in all the subproject sites as well.

-Mark