commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: [Lang] proposed math extensions
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 22:51:26 GMT
Have you looked at the Colt library? I use it regularly and it has the
best distribution and random number generation capabilities. It has
severalRandom Number generation Strategies available in it. I also know
of a number of simulation projects that rely heavily on these packages.
Best not to "reinvent the wheel".

http://hoschek.home.cern.ch/hoschek/colt/

Licensing Info
http://hoschek.home.cern.ch/hoschek/colt/V1.0.3/doc/cern/colt/doc-files/license.html

>4. Generate univariate statistics or frequency distributions from input data

I've searched the net for a "serious" Java Statistical Library thats
able to do univariate/multivariate stats and the like and have come up
with very little, mostly new projects that have yet to get off thier
feet and release code. I've ended up having to work with tools external
to Java like R, SAS, Excell, SPSS and Systat to accomplish any Complex
stats. I've been considering actually using  R's JNI capabilities in the
future.

-Mark Diggory