commons-dev mailing list archives

From Neeme Praks <ne...@apache.org>
Subject [logging] commons logging API implementation, delegating to avalon framework logging API
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 22:22:16 GMT
As part of beefing up the jelly service for avalon, I wrote a
dead-simple wrapper for avalon logging API to be plugged into commons
logging (see the attachment).
I'm not sure if this has been done before, but it was so easy to
implement, so I didn't bother to search very hard.
The usage, 2 lines of code, should be executed before loading any class
that uses commons logging:
        AvalonLogger.setDefaultLogger(getLogger()); //static method, for
passing the root logger. it is evil, but it seems to be the only
workaround for now
        System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.Log",
"org.apache.commons.jelly.avalon.AvalonLogger");
(the package name should probably be renamed)

Anyway, the question is: where should this go? The most obvious answer
seems to be commons-logging, right?
Or some other ideas?

Rgds,
Neeme