commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <>
Subject RE: [Lang] Improved Runtime.exec
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 18:55:35 GMT
I've written such stuff like this in the past as well. It seems like a nice
thing to add to lang. Look out for nasties on differences b/w Win9x vs.
WinNT/2k WRT stdout and stderr.

-----Original Message-----
From: Razvan Surdulescu []
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2003 11:46 AM
Subject: [Lang] Improved Runtime.exec

I am interested in adding an improved Runtime.exec wrapper implementation to
the Lang commons. By improved I mean that it would handle pumping the
stdout/stderr/stdin streams and a few other minor tweaks.

I looked through the ANT source and noticed that the Exec task has a private
implementation of something like this. Personally speaking, I have written
something like this many times in the past for lack of a standard extant

Thoughts, comments?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: