commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <ggreg...@seagullsw.com>
Subject RE: [math] stupid question about test input files
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 21:42:46 GMT
Here is an example of using the class path and class loader to resolved
files:

Your code is rooted in src/java/
Example:
/Apache Jakarta
Commons/lang/src/java/org/apache/commons/lang/ArrayUtils.java

Your tests are rooted in src/test
Example:
/Apache Jakarta
Commons/lang/src/test/org/apache/commons/lang/ArrayUtilsTest.java

Your test fixture files are rooted in home/src/resource
Example:
/Project/src/resource/com/company/foo/bar/test.xml

Code is compiled to bin.

Put "bin" and "src/resource" on your classpath. Some environments may copy
your resources to your bin directory.

>From your code:

URL url = ClassLoader.getSystemResource("com/company/foo/bar/test.xml");

That's it. From there you can get a java.io.File for example.

Gary