commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <stei...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [math] stupid question about test input files
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 21:10:26 GMT
Sorry if I am being exceedingly dense here, but I
looked at the Digester test cases and unless I am
missing something, that approach will not work for me,
since the objects that I am testing open files
themselves using fully qualified file paths passed in
to them as strings -- i.e., my test cases have code
like:

empiricalDistribution.setFilePath("full-file-path");
or empiricalDistribution.load("full-file-path");

In my local non-jakarta-standard setup, I use the ant
java dir attribute to force the tests to run from the
location where the test data file lives or I use full
path specs.  I do not like this.  Am I missing some
easy way out of this ugliness?

If the answer is to extend the API to take Files or
Streams, I am or course open to this, but I would
prefer to do so for a reason other than so that I can
get my tests deployed :-)

Phil