commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Elifarley C. Coelho" <elifar...@yahoo.com>
Subject VFS, IO - joining efforts
Date Mon, 12 May 2003 21:39:21 GMT
Hi,

Some years ago I created some Java classes related to
file systems, compression and io. But only recently
(about a week ago) I came across the commons-VFS and
commons-io sub-projects.

So.. I was thinking that it would be nice if I could
join efforts with you guys. I think Ill port all my
VFS and IO classes to your projects.

Using my classes, Im able to mount a RW TAR (AND ZIP)
file system over a local file (if the local file is
compressed, the file system currently mounts as RO,
but I have some ideas on how to make it RW as well).
The file on which the file system is mounted can be
compressed in GZIP or RAZIP (which I created) format.
If its in RAZIP format, random read access will be
much faster when compared to GZIP format.

For more info, take a look at
http://www.geocities.com/elifarley/javalibs/index.html