commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [sandbox] Request for karma
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 15:24:38 GMT

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 14:01:43 +0200
> From: Jeremias Maerki <dev.jeremias@greenmail.ch>
> To: commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: [sandbox] Request for karma
>
> Thanks to Robert for "just doing it". :-)
>
> Based on the changes in the charter I'd like to formally request karma
> for jakarta-commons-sandbox (for access to commons-io).
>
> Apache ID: jeremias
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Jeremias Maerki
> FOP committer

Welcome Jeremias!

I've updated your karma so you have access to this repository, but there's
one remaining infrastructure detail to deal with -- the way that unix
groups are set up on cvs.apache.org.  There's a group for each project
(for our purposes, jakarta and xml are the relevant ones), plus a group
for all people with CVS commit access (apcvs).  CVS repositories have a
group ownership by ... you guessed it ... the relevant project.  Thus,
jakarta-commons-sandbox currently has a group owner of "jakarta", and
Jeremias still can't access it.

I can think of two options to deal with this:

(1) Have each XML (or wherever) committer also ask to be added
    to the "jakarta" group when they want access to
    jakarta-commons-sandbox.

(2) Change the group ownership of jakarta-commons-sandbox
    from "jakarta" to "apcvs" so it automatically includes
    everyone.

The latter option is what happened to Gump when it was decided that all
Apache committers could update it; therefore, I recommend we go that way.
What do you think?

Craig McClanahan