commons-dev mailing list archives

From (O'brien, Tim)
Subject Re: [math] documentation principles
Date Sat, 17 May 2003 19:47:01 GMT
On Sat, 2003-05-17 at 04:03, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> i think that we'll need to start off with a html user guide and keep the
> MathML out of the javadocs and rely on links to the user guide. i also
> think that math would benefit from being mavenized. i'll make a start on
> this when i have some time (unless anyone gets there before me - tim?).

I generated a Maven site for math but there are no xdocs currently,
since the group hasn't made any official decision I put it up on icarus:

I think it might be help to add some tasks to the project TODO for
documentation, and I'd like to get some feedback in terms of how we can
do a better job integrating this maven generated site into the Commons
project site overall - common nav, etc.

> BTW there is at least one no-cost plugin for IE for MathML.

It looks like XHTML + MathML + SVG is the emerging standard for this:

It looks like a fair number of browsers support MathML rendering.  Here
is an encouraging list: