commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject [collections] Primitives
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 08:14:35 GMT
Rodney,
I'm noting that you are adding more implementations to the primitives area
of [collections]. I had a few questions.

1) Are you code generating the classes, using Velocity or some other tool? I
would have thought that it would be an ideal way to generate the classes,
avoiding the messy search and replace and less testing. I also think that
this technique will be increasingly important when we come to do primitive
Sets and Maps.

1b) Talking of Maps...given the large number of classes, should primitive
collections be split into packages for List, Set, Map? Now would be the time
to do it. (primitive collections _could_ be a separate project in commons at
the current rate...)

2) Why is it important to have separate Serializable and Non-Serializable
implementations. Why not just make them all Serializable?

3) Can we agree on the naming strategy for the decorator package? I used
AbstractCollectionDecorator, but you used BaseProxyIntList.

Stephen