commons-dev mailing list archives

From jbre...@wi.rr.com
Subject [NET] Adding TERMINAL-TYPE option to TelnetClient
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 13:26:32 GMT
said:

> Jeffrey, Thanks for taking the time to review the telnet patch.

>> commons-net-openoption-patch5-test.ZIP
>> commons-net-openoption-patch6.ZIP
> Yes, the las version of the patch is this one.

> Should you need something more to finally commit the patch please
> let me know (documentation, more complete polish of the sources for
> checkstyle etc). Maybe the best is to commit the patch now and add
> some documentation later on if you think it can be useful. My
> opinion is that for the limited functionality this patch provides
> the javadoc comment to the methods is enough.

I've committed everything so let me know if I've missed something.
The commit message was too large and didn't get posted to the -dev
list.  I've excluded the functional tests for now and we can use other
maven goals to run the test by itself.

I've published the site and have you listed as a contributor.

>> I also was wondering if you are interested in commit access and
>> willing to continue to support the commons/net development as you
>> have the past few months?

> Thanks for the offer. I don't have much time to spend on jakarta,
> but yes, I'm interested in contrbuting more to it.  Can you please
> send me some link describing the responsibilities of having commit
> access?

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/roles.html is the best I could find.

This would be for commit access to commons/net and you really can
choose to work/help on what you would be interested in ( telnet
client? ).  Let me know if your interested in commit access and I'll
start the voting process.  It may prove easier than submitting patches
for checkstyle and javadoc fixes to the code you just contributed.

Thanks again,

jb