commons-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Query: Hosting Avalon Components
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:45:15 GMT
Juozas Baliuka wrote:
> As I understant it is not very practical to host Avalon components in
> commons.

can you please elaborate a bit more? I really don't see why....

> If they become commons components they will loose Avalon features later

like what? What do you mean by "avalon feature"? Why would they lose it?

> or will start to conflict with Avalon versions

I can assure you that avalon-framework is rock-solid and won't see
conflicting changes, if at all (highly unlikely), without very thorough
polling of the userbase, lots of support from the whole community, and a
very solid deprecation cycle. It is extremely unlikely that there will
be any issues here, to I would guess the same extent as is true for
packages like commons-logging.

There are loads of large-scale projects that break if something breaks
in framework, and the avalon team is very aware of that, and supportive
of these projects!

> or become "invissible" in sandbox.

what do you mean by that? If any visibility effect occurs, placing
materials in jakarta-commons-sandbox makes them more visible don't you
think?

cheers!

- Leo