commons-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Commons-modeler 1.1M1
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:07:41 GMT
Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

>> Please review the API changes in modeler - I would like them to freeze
>> after the next milestone.
>>

> Costin, it's pretty difficult for someone not intimately familiar with all
> the new code to review the APIs here, without the Javadocs for all the
> methods being fleshed out.  Would it be possible for you to take a pass
> through the code and fill out at least the method descriptions, @param
> descriptions, and @return descriptions?  That would really help.

Sure. I already started to add it to most of the important methods (
Registry, RegistryMBean ).
BTW, methods that are not marked with @since 1.1 or @since 1.0 should not be
considered part of the API.  I don't know what's the best way to express
this - there are some public methods that are either not completely baked
or used internally, or to maintain compatibility with tomcat until it moves
to the "stable" APIs.

Costin