commons-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] distribute the compiled .jar binaries as part of the /dist
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2003 02:05:15 GMT
dion@multitask.com.au wrote:

> As Jason just remembered, Maven already includes the license in the jar if
> the project defines one.

Again - this proposal has nothing to do with "jar repositories", and it
does not distribute anything but Apache software.

There is no potential risk for ASF - it is not a redistribution of
some third party software.

If maven ( or any other redistributor ) wants to get the .jars or
preffer to take the .tgz and extract the .jars manually - that's
a different story.

So far I counted 3 +1 votes and one -1. I hope to see more votes on this,
and if it passes I volunteer to make some of the jars available ( at least
for the packages that I'm a committer )

Costin