commons-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] distribute the compiled .jar binaries as part of the /dist
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 22:30:55 GMT
Martin Cooper wrote:

> Making the jars available separately from the rest of the distribution
> means that people can download the jars without downloading the Apache
> license. It is my understanding that this is not currently permitted by
> the ASF.

Did a quick find in /dist - there are already .dll ( for mod_python ) and
.jar ( avalon, cocoon ). Also in jakarta there are several .so ( tomcat ),
.dll ( tomcat ) and .jars ( tomcat-connectors, lucene, poi,
jmeter, turbine-* ). Tomcat3.3 had several "patches" released as jars.

If ASF doesn't permitts this - I assume all those need to be removed.

Costin