commons-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <>
Subject Re: [beanutils] default converters for File and URL?
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 17:03:41 GMT
>So once a DateConverter is made, is the 'proper' way to handle the
>"YY/DD/MM" style thing to have a custom Locale? Or should I pursue the
>idea of optional arguments being settable on converters?

I think this has some promise.  After all, I can imagine using it via
a digester rule like
<set-property property="startDate" value="2003-04-04"
format="yyyy-MM-dd" />  This was part of the use case that started
our whole discussion.  I think setting a format explicitly is much
safer than counting on Locales.

Joe Germuska
"If nature worked that way, the universe would crash all the time."
	--Jaron Lanier

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message