commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: Query: Hosting Avalon Components
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 20:37:53 GMT

What's an Avalon component? Something that implements the Initable,
Startable stuff? [I'm sketchy on Avalon]

I can see that it doesn't make any sense to host an Avalon component in
Jakarta Commons if it's only useful in an Avalon container, unless there
are lots of Jakarta Projects out there which are customers of the Avalon
project. Then it makes some sense, though it could also be Avalon Commons
[or better name] as a subproject of Avalon?

If there are Jakarta projects out there who want to share Avalon
components, I don't see why they can't be in Jakarta Commons.

Hen