commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [lang] Entity Escaping (HTML/XML)
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 05:31:10 GMT

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Alex Chaffee / Purple Technology wrote:

> My question was really between
> 	String x = StringEscapeUtils.escapeHtml32(str);
> and
> 	String x = StringEscapeUtils.escapeHtml(str, Entities.HTML32);

How about StringEscapeUtils.escape(str, Entities.HTML32)  ??

The Html in the method name is redundant above and you can force people to
have to think about what kind of thing they're escaping. It then gives
rise to a future pluggable component.

Just a suggestion that was originally going to be a tongue in cheek joke,
until I didn't laugh. Otherwise I'm +1 to the 2nd choice.

Hen