commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [beanutils] default converters for File and URL?
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 15:57:56 GMT

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, James Strachan wrote:

> On Friday, April 4, 2003, at 04:04 PM, Joe Germuska wrote:
>
> > But what if I'm using some library that has its own conversion needs,
> > for example, in reading in an XML configuration file?   I guess most
> > conversions are pretty universal, volatile, but I can easily imagine
> > conflicting Converters for java.util.Date, for example.

Looking at Converters, why is there no UtilDateConverter? Or just
DateConverter?

Also, why does said converter not take a DateFormat in some way to allow
instance users to be able to allow that to be configurable?

Possibly the Converter API needs an additional argument-list option?

So I can say:

converterBean.convert(java.util.Date.class, "02/02/02", "YY/DD/MM")

Hen