commons-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Sitze <rsi...@us.ibm.com>
Subject [mavenized commons][HELP] logging/discovery needs help
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 15:08:44 GMT
Robert has completed most of the work for releasing discovery.  I think
we're at a point where we need to decide what the "right" thing to do is.

There are some interesting inconsistencies on the jakarta.apache.org site:

We have two web pages for discovery:
        jakarta.apache.org/commons/discovery.html [references
discovery/apidocs/index.html]
        jakarta.apache.org/commons/discovery/index.html [references
apidocs/index.html]

Both reference ONE versions of the api:
        jakarta.apache.org/commons/discovery/apidocs/index.html,
which is out-of-date.  Comment was:

> i've updated the commons web page. i haven't touched the api docs since
it
> appears that these are maven generated and when i ran maven, the
logging-1.
> 0.3 release hadn't been uploaded yet. the maven generated ones and the
> site reflect CVS HEAD. i could probably find somewhere to add the static

> api docs from the latest release if you'd rather.

So, I went browsing through logging, and I find (again) two versions of
the web pages:
        jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging.html         [references
logging/api/index.html]
        jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/index.html   [references
apidocs/index.html]

and here the api's referenced are not in-sync:

        jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/api/index.html is up-to-date,
while
        jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/apidocs/index.html is
out-of-date

Do we want the (apparently) maven generated apidocs, or the static
generated, or both?  I believe the answer is that we want one, referenced
by both pages, and that we need to cleanup the logging website.

Advice is solicited!