commons-dev mailing list archives

From "David Graham" <>
Subject Re: [COLLECTIONS] Some more lobbying for the OrderedSet class
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2003 19:44:44 GMT
>In JDK 1.5 a collections from a FREE package by Doug Lea will be included.
>So... maybe collections should look at it? And not duplicate.

To clarify, Doug Lea's package is the *basis* for a new 1.5 package
java.util.concurrent.  I don't think they just took his classes and put them
in the JDK, rather used them as a starting point.

I agree that Jakarta collections shouldn't duplicate functionality in Lea's
free package.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message