commons-dev mailing list archives

From "David Graham" <dgraham1...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [digester] RegexRules
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 21:22:18 GMT
>The question at hand:  Would it be valuable to have a indirection layer for
>RegExp?

IMO, no.

>You talk of anger?  I don't see it.

This happened a long time ago when 1.4 was first released.

>I simply see that people have a freedom to choose between different logging
>implementations, LogKit, Log4J, JDK14 logging.

And that's fine.  I'm not certain why people are so bent on reinventing the
wheel.  1.4 regex is a fast, usable, and standard regex library.  I think
it's a waste of time supporting other libraries but, obviously, others can
choose how they spend their time.

>I don't see a measurable performance penalty being added for
>commons-logging.  This is a False Dilemma.

I never said there was.

David