commons-dev mailing list archives

From "David Graham" <dgraham1...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [digester] RegexRules
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 20:22:27 GMT
I would hate to approve such a thing :-).  Reports I've read indicate that
the JDK 1.4 regex engine is faster than or equal to the Jakarta versions.
The authors also thought the JDK regex API was easier to use.  Plus the 1.4
regex's are *standard* Java.  IMO, people should be migrating to the 1.4
regex engine, not wrapping custom Jakarta code.

David