commons-dev mailing list archives

From "David Graham" <dgraham1...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [collections] XxxUtils inner classes
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 19:25:43 GMT
Aren't we saying the same thing?  Each package should be cohesive.  The
debate is really about how you view the cohesiveness of the collections
package.  One view is that all the classes are collections related so one
package is fine.  Another is that each type of collection (map, list, etc)
belong in their own packages.

I believe that commons-collections should mimic the standard java
distribution and include all the classes in one package.  If we had
thousands of classes, I would think differently but we don't.

David