commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [VOTE][Validator] Proposal to Release Commons Validator 1.0.2
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 20:55:31 GMT

On Friday, April 11, 2003, at 08:23 PM, Martin Cooper wrote:

> "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
> message news:6E181757-6BFC-11D7-ABF6-003065DC754C@blueyonder.co.uk...
>> On Friday, April 11, 2003, at 06:54 AM, Martin Cooper wrote:

>>> Vote:  Commons Validator 1.0.2 Release
>>> [X] +1 I am in favor of the release, and will help support it
>>> [ ] +0 I am in favor of the release, but am unable to help support it
>>> [ ] -0 I am not in favor of the release
>>> [ ] -1 I am against this proposal (must include a reason).
>>
>> hey martin!
>>
>> would it be possible to make this release available through the mirrors?
>
> Sure. The current 1.0.1 release is available via the mirrors today, so I
> was
> planning to do the same with 1.0.2 anyway. If you see something that's not
> right with 1.0.1, please let me know so that I can correct it for 1.0.2.

i can't see md5 checksums and pgp-compatible signatures for the 1.0.1
release. they'll be needed for the 1.0.2 release.

i personally really like a README.html in the mirrored release directories
reminding people to check the signatures based on the KEYS from the main
site.

i'd recommend basing your KEYS and README.html files on the ones in
beanutils (top directory) - i stole them from ant (since they looked like
the best practice i could find). for the KEYS, delete my signature but
leave the blurb at the top since it saves having to explain to users how
to use these files.

the download on the binary distribution page points to the top directory
rather than the binary one.

i've stopped adding new releases to the un-mirrored commons release
directory. if you do the same, i like to add a README.html to the
directory telling people where to find later ones.

- robert