commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: opening up jakarta-commons-sandbox
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 14:21:37 GMT
On Wednesday, April 23, 2003, at 02:51 PM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> Here's the vote (with proposed patch):
> http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=commons-
> dev@jakarta.apache.org&by=thread&from=38582

thanks for the url.

technically the VOTE passed but no one acted on it. i have a feeling that
this was because those proposing the VOTE thought that there were issues
remaining to be resolved. (that's why i'm in favour of posting
[RESULT][VOTE] emails so that it's clear when a VOTE is complete.)

i'd say that leo did the right thing by raising the question before
implementing the change. this should give anyone who objects the chance to
veto it. (i've CC'd the PMC so that anyone from there who wants to raise
an objection or has an opinion they want to express has the chance to do
so. i'd suggest that do so here on commons-dev.)

> Is the Commons project already ramped up? I didn't follow.

IMHO this is the Apache Way :)

AFAIK the VOTE's been passed, the lists created and a PMC created. not
much has happened since no one's had a compelling itch. if we collectively
decide that moving the sandbox to commons and making it an apache-wide
java repository is a Good Thing and that we have the collective energy to
make this happen, then we'll ramp up the commons project.

- robert