commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Ross Allard" <Ross.All...@sas.com>
Subject FileUpload question regarding file downloading
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:52:45 GMT
This is probably a basic question, but once I've gotten a file to the mid-tier (and beyond),
how do I deliver it back to a user when requested?  I have a struts web application that needs
to handle attachments.  I can use fileupload to get the file from the client into a repository.
 What's the process of delivering it back to the user for viewing, in such a way that the
browser has enough information to know what to do?  I'm hoping that I don't have to cache
the file on the mid-tier...

Any help will be appreciated.

Ross Allard
Sas Institute