commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [VOTE] codec to commons
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2003 17:53:41 GMT

On Friday, April 4, 2003, at 08:34 PM, O'brien, Tim wrote:

> Formal vote, codec is ready for a release.  Please submit votes within the
> next 72 hours, I will summarize the results at that time.

<snip>

> Here is a copy of the tightly scoped PROPOSAL:
>
> <PROPOSAL>
>
> Proposal for Codec Package

<snip>

> (4) Initial Committers
>
> The initial committers on the Lang component shall be as follows:
>
> Scott Sanders (sanders)
> Henri Yandell (bayard)
> Daniel Rall (dlr)
> Tim O'Brien (tobrien)

i think that you've missed off Rodney Waldhoff and Jon Stevens (they are
on the team-list). they should probably be added to the STATUS.html as
well. it might also be a good idea to correct the typo (Lang -> Codec).
these are small points and i'm happy to see codec promoted now with the
current proposal (rather than starting a new VOTE process) so long as they'
ll be corrected later.

i'd also like to see the source with the possible licensing issue to be
left out for now.

having said all that, i'm still +1 on promotion.

- robert