commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Query: Hosting Avalon Components
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 20:40:35 GMT
the charter says:

"2. The package library is not a framework but a collection of components
designed to be used independently."

this clause makes it very hard to see how avalon components could be
accepted into the jakarta-commons proper. (this isn't the same thing as
banning all dependencies on avalon.)

of course, if amendments to the charter are on the agenda then anything's
possible. i can actually understand some of the arguments for wanting a
repository for avalon components within the jakarta-commons structure.
there's a certain synergy between component-oriented development whether
with avalon or without. if the energy is there from the avalon component
developers then maybe jakarta-commons could host a jakarta-commons-avalon
repository for tightly scoped, commons-style avalon components.

- robert