commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: opening up jakarta-commons-sandbox
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:43:25 GMT
hi leo

i don't recall a formal VOTE on this (but i'd be happy to be corrected if
someone could supply an archive url). i'd be in favour of widening sandbox
access to any java based components created by any apache committers but
IMHO to do this properly requires a change to the commons charter which
definitely requires a proper formal VOTE (rather than lazy consensus).

we might want to take this opertunity to think about the relationship
between jakarta-commons and the commons project. if the sandbox is going
to be opened up to all apache committers, it might be worth thinking about
whether it would there would be merit in asking the commons project to
take responsibility (from a PMC perspective) for the sandbox since it
would in effect be apache-wide.

- robert