commons-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [digester] warning of unknown elements and attributes
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:45:51 GMT

On Monday, April 28, 2003, at 05:56  pm, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> On Monday, April 28, 2003, at 05:01 PM, James Strachan wrote:
>

>> On Monday, April 28, 2003, at 01:59  pm, robert burrell donkin wrote:
>>
>>> On Friday, April 18, 2003, at 09:58 AM, James Strachan wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>

>>> i've knocked up a class to make the discussions a bit easier.
>>
>> Cool. Wanna go ahead and commit it to CVS?
>
> yep.

Cool.

>> Another approach could be to merge this functionality into the base
>> class (RulesBase) since it already handles the case where no rules
>> match - but right now it returns an empty list in this case - it'd be
>> trivial to patch this to merge in the logic from the class you've
>> sent.
>
> inheriting from RulesBase is inconvenient for some kinds of Rules
> implementations (RegexRules, for example, inherits from
> AbstractRuleImpl). using a decorator means that this functionality can
> be easily added to any implementation.

We could add it to AbstractRuleImpl instead then :). Its only adding 1
new property, or adding 1 new factory method to create the unmatched
rule list. Though I'm not too bothered either way really  adding this
feature into all Rules implementations seems a little simpler from an
end user perspective - no big deal though.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/