commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: VOTE ? protocol
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2003 15:42:42 GMT
i usually use "+1 (non-binding)" and i've seen others use this convention
on various apache lists. feel free to edit the etiquette wiki page :)

with the large number of commons committers, it can sometimes be difficult
to know which developers are committers. what i usually do is to go
through and check when i count up the votes before posting a [RESULT]. (i
find http://incubator.apache.org/whoweare.html is useful.)

but for many votes concerning components, it's the names listed in the
STATUS file that are binding (rather than everyone) so this makes it easy
to work who's votes are binding.

- robert