commons-dev mailing list archives

From EP...@upstate.com
Subject RE: Query: Hosting Avalon Components
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 16:41:51 GMT
I too would think that having either all components hosted by Avalon, or
have Avalon be the main repository of links to components is the way to go.
One of the problems I run into is that I *need* a component, but I can't
find one already written.  Things like freshmeat and sourceforge help find
code, but it is often difficult.    What is nice about something like
commons is that the various elements of commons can feed off each other.

Eclipse.org hosts link to all the plugins available, and makes it easy for
me to find what I need.  I think that is a good model to follow.

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Juozas Baliuka [mailto:baliuka@centras.lt]
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 12:40 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: Query: Hosting Avalon Components

Yes,
I found SF is the best place for experiments, I have moved some stuff from
simplestore to cglib.sf.net
and it found community (was cache become persistence later become byte code
generator).
I have moved some stuff from DbUtils to voruta.sf.net and believe it will
have successes too.
But I do not think it is a good way to move stable components, they can
loose existing community, but fail to build a new one.