commons-dev mailing list archives

From EP...@upstate.com
Subject RE: [betwixt] Strategies for roundtripping Date objects
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:09:29 GMT
Robert,

I went into the source to try and submit a testcase, and it seems like my
problem has been solved..  The testcase TestBeanReader uses java.sql.date
and java.sql.timestamp classes, and seems to read them in easily.

However, I added another property:

  /**
   * Sets the java.util.Date object.
   * @param javaUtilDate The javaUtilDate to set
   */
  public void setJavaUtilDate(java.util.Date javaUtilDate) {
    this.javaUtilDate = javaUtilDate;
  }

  /**
   * Returns the javaUtilDate.
   * @return java.util.Date
   */
  public java.util.Date getJavaUtilDate() {
    return javaUtilDate;
  }

and I get (which I expected):

------------- Standard Error -----------------
[WARN] MethodUpdater - -Cannot evaluate method: setJavaUtilDate on bean:
[org.apache.commons.betwixt.CustomerBean: ID=null, name=James,
address=[org.apache.commons.betwixt.AddressBean: street=null, city=null,
country=null]] of type: org.apache.commons.betwixt.CustomerBean with value:
Thu Apr 10 14:55:44 EDT 2003 of type: java.lang.String
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch
	at
org.apache.commons.betwixt.expression.MethodUpdater.update(MethodUpdater.jav
a:141)

Now, how do the java.sql.* types convert?  There doesn't seem to be any
.betwixt or other funky magic!

Thanks,

Eric Pugh