commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Timko, Cheryl A." <cheryl_ti...@merck.com>
Subject RE: [DBCP] Performance issues
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 12:28:50 GMT
Has anyone experienced any performance issues with the DBCP component?

-----Original Message-----
From: Timko, Cheryl A.
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 7:56 AM
To: 'Jakarta Commons Developers List'; 'commons-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: [DBCP] Performance issues

We are performing load testing on both the DBCP and our "custom" database
connection pool.  What we found is that when 300 concurrent users are
accessing the DBCP, the response time average is 11 sec.  When we run the
same test using our "custom" pool, the average response time is 2 sec.

Has anyone experienced issues with the performance of the DBCP under load?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated...

- Cheryl

information of Merck & Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey,
USA) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally
privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
named on this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and
have received this message in error, please immediately return this by
e-mail and then delete it.