commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Timko, Cheryl A." <cheryl_ti...@merck.com>
Subject [DBCP] Performance issues
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2003 11:56:28 GMT
We are performing load testing on both the DBCP and our "custom" database
connection pool.  What we found is that when 300 concurrent users are
accessing the DBCP, the response time average is 11 sec.  When we run the
same test using our "custom" pool, the average response time is 2 sec.

Has anyone experienced issues with the performance of the DBCP under load?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated...

- Cheryl

Notice:  This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck
& Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA) that may be confidential, proprietary
copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity named in this message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have received
this message in error, please immediately return this by e-mail and then delete it.