commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Timko, Cheryl A." <cheryl_ti...@merck.com>
Subject [DBCP] Abandoned connections not being returned to pool upon clos ing
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 14:10:10 GMT
	Our project uses the BasicDataSource class to create and maintain
the pool of database connections (internally, the BasicDataSource creates an
AbandonedObjectPool for the connection pooling).  What I noticed is that
when the close() method is called on the BasicDataSource, the "abandoned
connections" are not being returned to the pool in order for them to be
closed.

	The check for whether "abandoned connections" are returned to the
pool is only performed in the AbandonedObjectPool's borrowObject().  Since
the AbandonedObjectPool does not have a close() method to return all the
abandoned connections to the pool, does anyone know of another way to
accomplish this when the pool is being closed?  If not, is it possible to
add this functionality in a future release?

	Thank you in advance for your feedback.

	Cheryl Timko

Notice:  This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck
& Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA) that may be confidential, proprietary
copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity named in this message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have received
this message in error, please immediately return this by e-mail and then delete it.