commons-dev mailing list archives

From Neeme Praks <ne...@apache.org>
Subject followup to avalon components discussion: avalon wrapper for jelly
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 19:11:04 GMT
Hi all!

As a follow-up to the discussion about hosting avalon components (or
wrappers) in here, I would like to bring up the fact that at least one
commons project already has an avalon wrapper: Jelly.
I've refactored this implementation a little bit and would like to get
the changes merged back.
However, before we get to that (I will come back to that in a different
email), I would like to discuss the way that code is presented in jelly
CVS... namely, currently it is sitting under jelly-tags/avalon which is
not really correct place for it: it is not a tag, after all...
This also brings up a bit more general question: is there / should there
be any kind of general recommendation / guideline for this kind of
sub-sub-project integration?

Anyway, my main goal with this email would be to move the wrapper out of
it's current "tag status" and make it build independently of tags... if
that is reasonable?

Rgds,
Neeme