commons-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: HttpClient support 128 SSL bit encryption ?
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 18:20:45 GMT
Lucinda,

Though HttpClient supports pluggable socket factories, JSSE is the
easiest way to go. JSSE comes with JRE 1.4 or can be downloaded from Sun
for earlier JREs.  HttpClient supports JSSE by default when using the
"https" protocol.

Take a look at URL below for more details about the cryptographic
support in JSSE.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/guide/security/jsse/JSSERefGuide.html

Also take a look at the ssl package in the contrib code for an example
of how to make JSSE work with a custom SSL cert.  You may need to do
this depending on who the signer on you SSL server cert is.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/httpclient/src/contrib/org/apache/commons/httpclient/contrib/ssl/

Mike