commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Commons-Logging 1.0.3 Released
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 21:59:30 GMT

On Monday, April 7, 2003, at 10:20 PM, Costin Manolache wrote:

> robert burrell donkin wrote:
>
>> The Commons Team is pleased to announce the release of Commons Logging
>> from the Apache Software Foundation. Commons Logging is a thin wrapper
>> logging bridge between different logging libraries.
>>
>> This is primarily a maintenance and code cleanup release with minimal new
>> features. For more details see the release notes -
>> http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/commons/logging/RELEASE-NOTES.txt'.
>>
>> The source distribution is available (through the usual mirrors) from
>> href= 'http://jakarta.apache.org/site/sourceindex.cgi' and the binary
>> distribution from
>> href='http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi'. Please remember to
>> verify that the signatures of the distribution using the keys found on
>> the
>> main Apache site
>> href='http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/commons/logging/
>> KEYS.
>>
>> For more information on Commons Logging, see
>> href='http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging.html.
>

> Could you also upload the jars, in the binary directory ? It would
> simplify
> the life of those who want to automatically download dependencies.

gladly but first a couple of questions:

1. is this someone that we should now be doing for all releases (in which
case, i'll add the instructions to the how to release documentation i've
been working on)?

2. this is the binary directory in the mirrored release section, right?
does this relate to the repository stuff (and if so, how?)?

- robert