commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <ggreg...@seagullsw.com>
Subject RE: [Lang] What's left for 2.0?
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 06:56:03 GMT
Hello,

We had some comments (Henri & Alex) back and forth on a "ready for 2.0"
thread about the implementation for avoiding infinite loops in the
ToStringBuilder.reflectionToString methods and whether it was appropriate
for 2.0. Can the interested parties voice whether or not their concerns have
been addressed?

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Henri Yandell [mailto:bayard@generationjava.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 9:58 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [Lang] What's left for 2.0?

Getting closer:

Latest set of targets/achievements for 2.0 release.

StringUtils code needs committing by me. I've got it working and compiling
  but want to benchmark it. Supplied by Robert Simpson. [DONE]
StringEscapeUtils now has a bug #18836 which needs dealing with. I
  assume by Alex unless someone leaps in.  [DONE]

Targets
-------

> The order of stack-traces in ExceptionUtils.  [see Bugzilla #14357]
>
> Post 2.0:
>
> null handling in StringUtils
  lang.EscapeUtils  [incl. bug #15082] [possibly for 2.0 if in time]
> lang.reflect [incl. bug #18773]
> lang.time   [incl. bug #15082]
  [AdaptorRegistry bug #17770]

Hen