commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <ggreg...@seagullsw.com>
Subject RE: [lang] process question: fixing bug on the fly
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 19:43:26 GMT
I think that the most important item is that the fix is _must_ mentioned in
the release notes, we are fine. If the note is accompanied by a bug report
#, it just looks more "pro" ;-)

>From the procedure mentioned on this thread, it looks like nothing will
escape scrutiny!

Gary G.

-----Original Message-----
From: Henri Yandell [mailto:bayard@generationjava.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 12:02 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List; alex@jguru.com
Subject: Re: [lang] process question: fixing bug on the fly

Just make sure you mention it in the cvs comment.

I don't know about other projects, or other people, but when I do a
release [and unless anyone is against it, I'm happy to volunteer to do
2.0] I immediately generate a cvs changelog, remove everything before the
previous release and analyse every comment.

I then edit release-notes at that point. So release-notes tends to be the
last released one. I pay enough attention to try to match bug numbers to
cvs comments. In fact, it'd probably help the most if people mentioned bug
numbers in their cvs comments. Not a biggy though.

Hen