commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <ggreg...@seagullsw.com>
Subject RE: [codec] promote from sandbox
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 22:16:21 GMT
<Ryan Hoegg>Does anyone have an opinion on what they'd like to see in Codec
before a release? </Ryan Hoegg>

FYI, our only requirement right now is for a Base64 class. We use three
different ones so far (don't ask).

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Hoegg [mailto:rhoegg@isisnetworks.net]
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 11:53 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [codec] promote from sandbox

Just read the etiquette thing.  I think a good indicator that Codec
Base64 is ready for consumption is its successful integration in both
HttpClient and XML-RPC.  I see that it is used in many more projects,
but those are the two who have been active recently.  Once we have two
projects using it, I imagine other projects will be more likely to jump
on board.

However, Base64's readiness for consumption is probably not enough to
warrant Codec's promotion by itself.

Does anyone have an opinion on what they'd like to see in Codec before a
release?  Tim's documentation on an architecture roadmap is a good
start, imho.

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks