commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [VOTE] distribute the compiled .jar binaries as part of the /dist
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 09:08:18 GMT
i'm +1 on making jars available.

since the license should be present in every jar we distribute, i can't
really see the difference between a user downloading a tar.gz'd
distribution with a license in and downloading a jar with a license in.

if we decide collectively that we want to start distributing jars, then i
do think that the right thing is to check with the PMC (using lazy
consensus) to see if there are any issues we've missed.

if we're going to start distributing raw jars then i also think that we
need to consider signing them.

- robert