commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DBCP] Is JOCL part of DBCP?
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 06:03:37 GMT

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, David Graham wrote:

> There is a package distributed with DBCP that's outside of
> org.apache.commons.dbcp called org.apache.commons.jocl.  Some DBCP classes
> use JOCL but shouldn't this be moved to its own project?  Either that or it
> needs to live in the org.apache.commons.dbcp package structure.

Disclaimer: The following is based on my (quite possibly faulty)
recollection from some time ago.

I believe JOCL is a (potentially) independent language that was designed
for, and is currently used only for, DBCP. However, an expressed goal for
DBCP was to replace it with a Digester-based configuration, specifically
to avoid the custom solution and use a well-known approach. So far, that
particular bullet has not been bitten, as far as I am aware.

--
Martin Cooper