commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rodney Waldhoff <rwaldh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [COLLECTIONS] Some more lobbying for the OrderedSet class
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:57:18 GMT
I agree that ListSet is a useful an intuitive concept.  Unfortunately,
it's not possible to fully and correctly implement both interfaces, by
nature of the List.equals and Set.equals contracts.  We may want to create
our own ListSet equality definition, or pick one of List.equals or
Set.equals as our defintion of ListSet equality, and make that limitation
very clear in the documentation.  If we do the latter, let's say List,
then we'll probably want to define a ListSet.equalsSet(Set):boolean
method and/or a ListSet.toSet():Set method.

- Rod <http://radio.weblogs.com/0122027/>